- Face Off Season 9 Episode 1: Intergalactic Zoo
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 2: Siren Song
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 3: Surprise of the Century
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 4: Frightful Fiction
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 5: Gatekeepers
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 6: E.T. Enterprise
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 7: Shakespeare’s Ladies
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 8: The Gauntlet
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 9: Judgement Day
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 10: Freak Show
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 11: Beyond the Expanse
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 12: Death Becomes Them
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 13: The Finale Part 1
- Face Off Season 9 Episode 14: The Finale Part 2
After waiting a whole, long week, we finally got to see the second part of the Face Off Season 9 finale. A third character was added to the three short film scripts the artists chose from last week. Along with the added character came extra help from former contestants Libby, Jason and Ricky. The finalists were stressed but they were pumped to work on a film set and rose to the occasion.
Evan added Libby to his team, and Patrick added a mutated infected character to the film Quarantine Zone. That meant Evan had to rework his infected captive so he wouldn’t look so far gone, and bump up the mutant so he looked grotesque. Patrick liked the concept for the mutated infected, and they made giant mutant arms for the makeup. Working on a film set was Evan’s dream, and this challenge was fulfilling it for him.
On set, Evan and his team worked well together to get the mutant painted and finish all the makeups. When Patrick saw the wanderer, he wanted to remove the coat she was wearing, so Evan had to go in and cover her exposed skin with makeup to make her look dirty and camera-ready. The judges said they loved the captive’s veins, the mutant arms and how on the ball they were as a team. Glenn liked how well Evan worked with Patrick. Ve loved the paint jobs and cohesive characters, and Neville liked that he rethought the characters and managed to pull off the looks.
Hats off to all the finalists, and congratulations to Nora, winner of Face Off Season 9! I’m sure she’ll blaze a trail in the movie makeup world.
I’ll see you here in January when Face Off comes back for a 10th season!